Sunday, October 14, 2007

Have a nice trip, See ya next fall.

Finally. I think it's almost safe to pull the covers from over my head and peer out. The leaves are starting to change, the air has that crisp bite to it, and baseball playoffs are here. Oh yes, Virginia. It's definitely Fall.

Big deal your probably saying, because everyone waves at the smokescreen that is the current season, knowing that the brick wall known as Winter is waiting in the background, post-Thanksgiving.

For me, I had a very cool, calm, collective weekend and really enjoyed just how friendly the weather was. I am one of the minority that really gets tired of summer because of the intense humidity, served with a healthy portion of unnecessary perspiration. Also, there's just a decadence of food that comes with the Fall... a majority of it apple and pumpkin based.

I know this entry sounds pointless and mundane, but I think people just get busy with preparing for the upcoming holidays (e.g. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) as Fall gets swept under the rug and takes a brunt of the grumbling that we dish out for using our oil heat or scraping frost off the car windshield.

Do yourself a favor and do something you haven't done in years or maybe never, like go apple picking. Or make a day to the pumpkin patch. Even rake some leaves and/or if your outside city limits, have a late-night campfire that people can hang out at. If you really wanna get specific, go look into the local haunted house/scarefest and grab a group of friends who especially have nothing to do. Sadly, I know I won't be able to do all these things because of my work schedule and new home in Long Island. But as long as someone else is taking my place and enjoying the weather, then I'm happy.

Sorry guys, I know this blog doesn't have much substance, but I was thinking how nice it would be to do these things this weekend. Guess having a blog and free time isn't always the greatest combo...

No comments: